What We Believe
The foundations of our beliefs have been handed down to us from Christians who lived long ago. While there are certain distinctives that make us a Vineyard Church the non-negotiables of our faith are the same as they were in the beginning and can be found in the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed. You can also download our statement of faith here.
As a "Vineyard" church there are some distinctives that give colour to who we are -
- Clear, accurate, inspiring biblical teaching where we hear and obey God’s word to us.
- Contemporary worship in the freedom of the Holy Spirit, worshipping God with our whole being, with Jesus at the centre as our Lord.
- Sensing the presence and power of God and using the gifts of the Holy Spirit, both in church and anywhere else we go.
- Physical healing with emphasis on signs and wonders as seen in the Gospels and the book of Acts.
- An active small group ministry with an emphasis on discipling believers.
- Holistic care for the broken, poor and needy, such as the homeless, the disadvantaged and single parents and their children.
- Commitment to church planting in New Zealand and missions throughout the world.
- Unity with the whole body of Christ and authentic, intimate, enabling relationships within our own churches.
- Preaching and living the Gospel of the Kingdom, always looking to what the Father is doing in bringing people to reconciliation with Him and participation in the community of faith.
- Training and releasing people into committed discipleship, ministry to others, serving, giving, responsible use of finances and healthy relationships.
THE APOSTLES' CREED
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit
And born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
Was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended to the dead.
On the third day He rose again.
He ascended into heaven,
And is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
The holy Christian Church,
The communion of saints,
The forgiveness of sins,
The resurrection of the body,
And the life everlasting. Amen.
THE NICENE CREED
We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
of one Being with the Father.
Through Him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
He came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
He became incarnate from the Virgin Mary,
and was made man.
For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
He suffered death and was buried.
On the third day He rose again
in accordance with the Scriptures;
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and His kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.